Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ssh cracking??

Im prob talking out my arse here, but can you SSH to it with -vv ? This should give you the methods the server will accept, if indeed it is struggling with auth methods
    wtf?

Yes i can ssh -vv, I get a lot of information whe i use -vv, but i dont really understand what you want that I do, I`am using de ice hacking lab live cd 1.100on 192.168.1.100, maybe now anyone can help me?

Tr00G33k

Developer

Use hydra for that. If you get stuck I made some spoiler videos of the first 2 disks.

http://pur3h4t3.blogspot.com/

I have tryed hydra but i get Error: Compiled without LIBSSH support, module not avaliable. But OK i will fix that error then, i only thouht that this can be somehow done with medusa too. Yes I know you have made some videos, but I wont learn nothing if i will just be watching step by step videos.

Tr00G33k

Developer

Medusa does work. TRY HARDER!!!!

I have tryed cracking the router: WORKED, vnc: WORKED, ssh(de-ice): NOT WORKING, please I really dont know what to do. I was thinking maybe one of this things could be, medusa not using the sam protocol version?Or maybe after 4 attempts server disconnect the client. But at vnc example, medusa just connected back, but at ssh dont.

Please help, I really stucked with medusa.

Tr00G33k

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Tr00g33k View Post
    I have tryed cracking the router: WORKED, vnc: WORKED, ssh(de-ice): NOT WORKING, please I really dont know what to do. I was thinking maybe one of this things could be, medusa not using the sam protocol version?Or maybe after 4 attempts server disconnect the client. But at vnc example, medusa just connected back, but at ssh dont.

Please help, I really stucked with medusa.

Tr00G33k

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
    Please, check this: lists.foofus.net/pipermail/foofus-tools-foofus.net/2008-August/000011.html

Remove and purge medusa, get the version 1.5 and install.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by enonym View Post
    Hi, sorry for the late reply.
    Please, check this: lists.foofus.net/pipermail/foofus-tools-foofus.net/2008-August/000011.html

Remove and purge medusa, get the version 1.5 and install.
    This fixes it. I had the same problem and updating to 1.5 solved it. Using BT4 Pre-release. You'll have to install libssh2 before you install medusa.

Hi Tr00g33k,

You are using medusa v1.4. To correct this error, use medusa v1.5.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12