Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black box testing program

Question Black box testing program

Hello. If you have been in the BT3 forum recently you may have seen my posts, or you may have read my introduction. For those of you who didn't, I'm a software tester.

Recently, my supervisor has been looking into Black Box testing. It looks like it's a good tool for the final steps of QA (quality assurance). Well, that's where we are right now. She was looking into Quick Test Pro, and I found another program called Smartescript, by Smartesoft. Both are very expensive, and I was thinking that it should be a simple program required to test a web app... So why are they charging thousands of dollars?

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know much of anything about programming itself. However, I'm interested in learning, and this seems a reasonable place to start; correct me if I'm wrong.

How hard do you think it would be to write a program that runs random and semi random bits of information (over intranet) through a web application (hosted on a local server), and sends feedback, or system failure information back?
    Originally Posted by pureh@te
    You may think its stupid but when you are posting online sometimes spelling, grammar and thought put into the content of your posts is the only thing people have to measure you by and to determine the level of seriousness they should give you. So with that in mind I'd say "Yes" its pretty important.

Quote Originally Posted by Amlord1 View Post
    I'm not a programmer, so I don't know much of anything about programming itself. However, I'm interested in learning, and this seems a reasonable place to start; correct me if I'm wrong.

How hard do you think it would be to write a program that runs random and semi random bits of information (over intranet) through a web application (hosted on a local server), and sends feedback, or system failure information back?
    Well, if you don't know anything about programming, this may be the equivalent of learning mechanical engineering by building a space ship (well, not quite that bad, but hopefully you get the idea).

Anyway, it sounds like what you are describing is "fuzzing" and that you desire to test web applications? If this is the case, there are tons of free tools out there that do this already. Google "web app fuzzing" and you will get a ton of hits.

Good Luck...

AmLord1 you are stupid or what?don't spam the forum with double post.

wtf you have made 3 same posts.moderators will be after you.people are not blind here and they can read your post easily.I think this is first time you have joined a forum that is why you are behaving like a mentally retard.

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsnpr View Post
    Well, if you don't know anything about programming, this may be the equivalent of learning mechanical engineering by building a space ship (well, not quite that bad, but hopefully you get the idea).

Anyway, it sounds like what you are describing is "fuzzing" and that you desire to test web applications? If this is the case, there are tons of free tools out there that do this already. Google "web app fuzzing" and you will get a ton of hits.

Good Luck...
    yes, it's fuzzing. buit I already did that, and all the decent programs are pretty expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    AmLord1 you are stupid or what?don't spam the forum with double post.
    Thanks.. It want meamnt to be a double post, It was meant to be a question to people who exclusively visit different parts of the forums, but who may be able to help.
    Originally Posted by pureh@te
    You may think its stupid but when you are posting online sometimes spelling, grammar and thought put into the content of your posts is the only thing people have to measure you by and to determine the level of seriousness they should give you. So with that in mind I'd say "Yes" its pretty important.

yes, it's fuzzing. buit I already did that, and all the decent programs are pretty expensive...
    pretty expensive?
    http://www.dragoslungu.com/2007/05/1...fuzzing-tools/

http://www.fuzzing.org/fuzzing-software

Almost everyone at those links are free, and also, pretty good tools.

Thanks.. It want meamnt to be a double post, It was meant to be a question to people who exclusively visit different parts of the forums, but who may be able to help.
    So you're purposely ignoring the rules you agreed to when you signed up for these forums?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Developer

I hope someones has got their servers backed up.

This is a hackers forum :P
    root ~# aircrack-ng pwnd-01.cap
    Lenovo Thinkpad R500, OS: Ubuntu 8.10, BackTrack3, Windows XP (VirtualBox), Windows Vista, Windows 7 beta

I don't understand why people overact so much when someone spams a forum? I mean all he wants is to get an answer to his question ASAP!!! because he is the number 1 priority to the rest of the people here. What does it hurt? Besides the fact that if everyone did so forums would become a useless massive piece of crap ...... hmm egoistic? :b
    Sorry for being harsh if you are in fact new to forums. But for the future remember to follow the rules if you wish be respected and answered. That and common sense will get you a long way.
    - Poul Wittig

dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast