Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: network and swap files

soia8

Default network and swap files

iconfig eth0 and dhclient eth0 not working,an swap files failed at
    boot what do i need to do to get my internet working.

Quote Originally Posted by soia8 View Post
    Turn on networking. Just like it says when you log on.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

soia8

thanx i tried that it says bla bla bla bla then somthing about it sleeping does realtek work with this os on a usb, and my network manager is off. im use to win7 i know
    linux, lunix whatever is better,just net to get my network working im not that good at
    it yet but i have it installed on a usb. im a freshmen so help me senior. and wht is bt4 crystal i opened it up and it looks like my os im developing, concept right now thats
    why im useing bt its open source right? well it only makes up about 25 precent
    of what my os is gonna be like helpme out.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

thanx i tried that it says bla bla bla bla then somthing about it sleeping does realtek work with this os on a usb, and my network manager is off. im use to win7 i know
    linux, lunix whatever is better,just net to get my network working im not that good at
    it yet but i have it installed on a usb. im a freshmen so help me senior. and wht is bt4 crystal i opened it up and it looks like my os im developing, concept right now thats
    why im useing bt its open source right? well it only makes up about 25 precent
    of what my os is gonna be like helpme out.
    If maybe you could form a coherent sentence someone might be willing/able to help you.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

why im useing bt its open source right?
    Short answer: For now, go back to Windows.

Longer answer: Get some good books on Linux, and start with an easier distro. BT is designed for advanced Linux users, and without any Linux knowledge, you're dog-paddling in the deep end of the pool.

And like streaker said, a little attempt at writing correctly would go a long way.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

it says bla bla bla bla then somthing about it sleeping
    Wow, bad luck, those "bla bla bla bla sleeping" errors really suck!

They're impossible to fix! Just try searching Google for them - I bet you wont find any relevant information!

If you really want peoples help with that problem you need to state your questions clearly, stick to one question/thought at a time where possible, and provide more details about the error messages you see (yes, more detail than bla bla bla sleeping - the exact text is always good).

After getting this error message you may also want to try searching for it in Google before posting back - you may find the solution (or at least learn something in the process).
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

When you type "iconfig eth0", does it say something like "bash: iconfig: command not found"?

soia8

yeh, i meant ifconfig eth0 up. i only have wifi i dont have a bill you know.

An OS that isn't beyond your IT skill.

Try Windows.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

yeh, i meant ifconfig eth0 up. i only have wifi i dont have a bill you know.
    Huh?

You only have wifi, but you're setting up your eth0?

No worries, I think I can help. See if this works:

Code:
    man ifconfig
    man iwconfig
    man resolv.conf
    man route
    man wpa_supplicant
    man wpa_supplicant.conf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast