Thread: Dell D600

Hybrid View

Default Dell D600

I have backtrack running on a Dell Latitude D600 and it is almost the perfect backtrack machine. considering I got it for 26 dollars, you cant beat it
    I have been trying to get the microphone to work so I can do some training vids for co-workers using recordmydesktop. The internal mic sort of works, but it is muffled so bad that you can hardly understand anything, and when I plug in a microphone it doesn't work at all. Anyone know how to make the external Microphone work?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Test it in Winders, if it does the same thing there, there's something wrong with the hardware.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

I have tested with windoze and the mic does work. I also noticed that the headphone jack works, but is controlled within kmixer by a different slider than the main speakers. the soundcard is Intel ICH3/SigmaTel STAC 9750 AC97 Soundcard.