Thread: Autoscan problem...

fastboi

Default Autoscan problem...

In my K menu autoscan is missing. It should be in K>backtrack>network mapping>all but it is not there.
    I have tried autoscan in terminal, its there but it does not start. What i mean by "its there", if i type auto and press tab then autoscan pops up but like i said, when i press enter, nothing happens.

Does anyone have a clue of whats going on?

Thanks

edit: just in case... i did seach the whole forum (autoscan threads only). Found just 3 and there was no answer to this.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

If you take the boot disc to another computer and autopwn still doesn't show up, then you need to burn a new disc.

If autopwn does show up on the other computer, then there's something quirky going on with your machine (although I find it very unlikely that special hardware could alter the K menu).

My bet is you have a dodgy disc.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    If you take the boot disc to another computer and autopwn still doesn't show up, then you need to burn a new disc.

If autopwn does show up on the other computer, then there's something quirky going on with your machine (although I find it very unlikely that special hardware could alter the K menu).

My bet is you have a dodgy disc.
    Autoscan and autopwn are two different programs.

Look under I think internet, where ever firefox is located in the k menu.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Developer

the executable is in /usr/bin if that helps...

b4cktr4ck3 bin # ls | grep autoscan
    autoscan*
    b4cktr4ck3 bin # ./auto
    autoconf autoheader autopasswd autoreconf autoupdate
    autoexpect autom4te autopoint autoscan
    b4cktr4ck3 bin # ./autoscan
    b4cktr4ck3 bin #

I only use backtrack via ssh so I don't have much experience with the GUI tools.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    the executable is in /usr/bin if that helps...

b4cktr4ck3 bin # ls | grep autoscan
    autoscan*
    b4cktr4ck3 bin # ./auto
    autoconf autoheader autopasswd autoreconf autoupdate
    autoexpect autom4te autopoint autoscan
    b4cktr4ck3 bin # ./autoscan
    b4cktr4ck3 bin #

I only use backtrack via ssh so I don't have much experience with the GUI tools.
    Damn dude, that's hard core!
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

fastboi

I found it myself last night, just like barry mentioned. It was under k>internet. I got confused about autoscan because as i was watching one of the purahate's video tutorials, i saw him going to k>backtrack>network mapping>all>autoscan. When i went there, i found no autoscan. I looked some other places but still i could not find it and then i made a post. Later on i found it in k>internet. I think purehate used bt3beta in that video, so i guess autoscan is located in the diffrent place on bt3b.

I ran it and of course program reminded me about update. So i did it, and during installation 2 or 3 error boxes popped up, but installation finished anyway. Problem is... it does not start at all now. Nor from terminal, nor from k menu, nor from desktop. I havent been logged in into bt3 since then, maybe it will work. I'll post about it later...

Thanks for all the answers/suggestions

edit: Just logged in into bt3, and great news. Updated autoscan is working great. I guess it needed reboot, JUST LIKE WINBLOWZ Thanks once more!!!