Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ALFA Networks AWUS036H

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: ALFA Networks AWUS036H

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    How are you running BT4? VMware/HDD/USB/Live?
    Funny, that was gong to be my next question for everyone.

I am running it from my HDD.

I ran into all kinds of trouble trying to make it work and I was posting some questions on the aircrack forum under Drivers. I finally decided to make a clean install of BT4 on my machine and I'm back to the same place I was before, little or no packets being rec'd. I am not posting the details of what is not working right now, I first want to ask what the characteristics of systems that work right out of the box. Maybe I can save some headaches by copying the initial setup of others.

More datapoints
    • I am running on a Lenovo Z60m.
    • Internet works fine
    • I am assuming I need to use r8187 for injection, not rtl8187

On edit - Snaylor - I notice that your sig says "Alfa: AWUS036H (rtl8187L)" might we be talking about 2 different models/versions? Mine has a "1" with a circle around it under the "ALPHA network" logo. I am assuming the "1" means 1 watt:
    http://www.alfa.com.tw/in/front/bin/...ategory=105463
    Last edited by zipkatz; 03-18-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: verifying same adaptor

Hi all,
    - For improve TX power by changing CRDA (with mac-80211 drivers) see this thread:
    Tutorial: Improve TX power by changing the CRDA Regulatory Domain

Bye Jano

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Jano. View Post
    Hi all,
    - For improve TX power by changing CRDA (with mac-80211 drivers) see this thread:
    Tutorial: Improve TX power by changing the CRDA Regulatory Domain

Bye Jano
    This isn't working for me. Everything downloaded and installed OK. I also tried the command BeNeDeLuX said of iw reg set BO.

I don't get an error. It's just that when I check it remains stuck on 27 dbm.

The only thing I see different is that i have Revision 5 (of the Alfa) and not Revision 1.

So, i'm actually not shure what i'm doing wrong with this adapter....

I use a HDD Install of BT4 with the 2.6.30.9 Kernel my Adapter ist he Model:AWUS036H
    FCC:UQ2AWUS036H

so, the driver loaded are "rtl8187, mac80211)

The Problem is, i cannot connect to any "open" or WEP Secured Networks, i use the
    Code:
     iwconfig wlan0 mode managed essid [] key []
    after a few seconds the connection breaks.

hope there is help...

Just burned his ISO

Hey reeth,

Check out this search: Ubuntu Forums - Search Results

It might be helpful to you

Just burned his ISO

Hello,

I am rather new to BackTrack 4 and was wondering if someone could guide me to a USB Wifi adapter that is able to inject. I am currently trying to track down a person that has hacked into my network and has caused a lot of financial problems. I found out that the Alfa AWUS036H is a good card to use but I need someone to tell me if the card at the link below is the right one, and will it inject? Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by 1NTRUS10N View Post
    I am currently trying to track down a person that has hacked into my network and has caused a lot of financial problems.
    I dont see how finding an adaptor that allows injection will help you in that regard. Get a professional incident responder/forensic analyst to assist you.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123