Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collecting IVs on Mobile Phone(Airodump for mobile?)

Just burned his ISO

Default Collecting IVs on Mobile Phone(Airodump for mobile?)

Hi,

i have been trying to do this for a while. tried some sniffer softwares thought maybe they were capable but they were only for after connection sniffing.

i am using an HTC touch diamond, WM6.1. tnetw12511 wifi. What do you suggest for collectin IVs? is it possible? Also i ve seen a pocketdos but i had some hardware problems with it. and have not seen any linux for ppc either.

I recommend getting a Nokia 770 Tablet and read up on it. Or sell you HTC and buy an OQO UMPC.

Quote Originally Posted by marked View Post
    I recommend getting a Nokia 770 Tablet and read up on it. Or sell you HTC and buy an OQO UMPC.
    Why would you suggest he sell his phone and replace it with a computer? Kinda makes getting phone calls hard. AFAIK there are no tools for windows mobile to do what you want. There is the freerunner though, which is still a phone, and a mobile pentesting tool.

http://www.neopwn.com/hardware.php
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

I said that because the HTC Touch Diamond fetchs a good price but that beside the point. I have had WM phones since the orignal Orange SPV and I know the only thing available is a program called WiFiFoFum and its a great scanner but doesn't collect IVs.
    Still think the Nokia Tablet is the best option, there is some info about it on Irongeek.

I said that because the HTC Touch Diamond fetchs a good price but that beside the point. I have had WM phones since the orignal Orange SPV and I know the only thing available is a program called WiFiFoFum and its a great scanner but doesn't collect IVs.
    Still think the Nokia Tablet is the best option, there is some info about it on Irongeek.
    Yea, the nokia is okay, once you get past the atrocious gui. Though I did get kismet working on one, they're not the best for the op either.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Seifer View Post
    Hi,

i have been trying to do this for a while. tried some sniffer softwares thought maybe they were capable but they were only for after connection sniffing.

i am using an HTC touch diamond, WM6.1. tnetw12511 wifi. What do you suggest for collectin IVs? is it possible? Also i ve seen a pocketdos but i had some hardware problems with it. and have not seen any linux for ppc either.
    that chipset isn't natively supported in linux at all.

If you google familiarlinux you'll find a project running for porting linux to PPC/WM devices. Doubtful the HTC Touch Diamond will be supported because it so new but it does have a list of supported devices.
    What has been managed on some PPC devices is to make the USB port a Host adapter to plug in a USB wifi stick.

If you google familiarlinux you'll find a project running for porting linux to PPC/WM devices. Doubtful the HTC Touch Diamond will be supported because it so new but it does have a list of supported devices.
    What has been managed on some PPC devices is to make the USB port a Host adapter to plug in a USB wifi stick.
    Yea, there's a couple of us here that are fairly familiar (heh) with it. I've used it off and on since it started, waaay back when the iPaq 3600 series was the new hotness. I just find it bad that in the nine or ten years it's been around it's still slightly flaky. The op could also pick up a Sharp Zaurus off fleabay. There's a handheld backtrack thread here that has some pretty good hardware as well.

Or could even get an iPAQ 3800 with the pcmcia adaptor and run airodump-ng on familar linux.... Got me thinking/dreaming now. I dont like the on-screen keyboard on Opie though, you be great if it was running on the HTC Wizard with the slide out keyboard.

I saw that thread but though it was inactive, I have a Jornada 680 too, my have to revisit the idea.

Just burned his ISO

Thank you for the replies. i have checked familiar linux. it has a list of supported devices. but diamond p3700 not listed.

hxxp://handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/SupportedHandheldSummary

As i said earlier there is an emulation software named PocketDos for ppc. an emulation of linux could be slow but possibly great.

i would like to do this especially on dimaond or touch pro (they're same most ways) because their cpu and ram is great for a ppc so thought things go smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    that chipset isn't natively supported in linux at all.
    so you say it is impossible even if linux got to work on diamond. should we lose all hope?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast