Thread: Acer Aspire one Sound

Question Acer Aspire one Sound

This may seem like a petty issue, But I cant get sound working on My Acer aspire one. I have been able to get everything else working without any real problems, But sound has been impossible to get working for some reason. I have searched the forum and found a few things to try, but none of them have worked so far. I can usually get just about anything working, I'm not a total newb. Anyone have sound working yet? If so, any way you can let us know how you got it working?

You'll have to compile the latest 2.6.27 kernel or grab the latest alsa sound drivers seperately.

Default Recompile kernel

Any idea how to do this? (recompile kernel)

Just burned their ISO

Is this still an open issue it seems as there are a few of us with this problem and cannot find any light in this forum about it. All though I am a newbie in the forums I am not a complete newbie in Linux only a little rusty but here is what I have working so far:
    Acer Aspire One 120g HD 1g memory booting off 2g USB stick with saved changes working wirless card even in monitor mode. Now as far as compiling the latest kernel well like I said a little rusty and may need to read some more. Would be nice to get a step by step on grabbing the latest alsa sound drivers I would even document the whole process if some one can come up with some help on this.
    Thanks

edit: whoops.
    There will be no shelter here. The front-line is everywhere.

I have found a kindof workaround, I bought a USB sound card off ebay for less than five dollars shipped. Not ideal, but at least I have sound when I need it.
    I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday. ~Abraham Lincoln

Just burned their ISO

Great that it suits you but I think the point is to get the internal one working after all it cannot be extracted to use in another computer might as well get the darn thing working.
    But hey I appreciate you response.