Thread: injecting correctly?

Just burned his ISO

Default injecting correctly?

Ok, i finally got backtrack 3 working, and i am not getting any errors. I followed this tutorial (hxxp://nexodyne.com/showthread.php?p=273701) but i'm not sure if i'm missing something. for testing, i encrypted my AP WEP, but after executing the commands in the tutorial, the #data column does not seem to be going up at all, but i AM getting packets (of some sort at least). Any ideas or if i'm missing something?

also, running BT3Final on my MacBook with Atheros chipset.

also, running BT3Final on my MacBook with Atheros chipset.
    Correction: Macbook doesnt have Atheros chipset, infact it is Broadcom BCM4328 (rev 03) so injection is not possible.
    This is a hackers forum :P
    root ~# aircrack-ng pwnd-01.cap
    Lenovo Thinkpad R500, OS: Ubuntu 8.10, BackTrack3, Windows XP (VirtualBox), Windows Vista, Windows 7 beta

Quote Originally Posted by Shavx View Post
    Correction: Macbook doesnt have Atheros chipset, infact it is Broadcom BCM4328 (rev 03) so injection is not possible.
    That's an absolute incorrect statement. There are indeed Macbooks with Atheros chipset.

Source:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/arc...hp/t-6891.html
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=de&q...theros+chipset

@RainMan0x
    Follow one of the Tutorials from this forum, and maybe it will help to list exactly the commands you used.
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem