Thread: OpenVAS in BackTrack3

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Smile

Hello!

I've just made .lzm module for OpenVAS (stable) for Backtrack3 with latest OpenVAS plugin feed:
    linux.hr/openvas/bt3/openvas-1.lzm

You can download remastered ISO also:

After you download, boot bt3 and enter following:

openvas-setup (this will setup openvas and run openvas-mkcert and add user)
    openvas-nvt-sync (if you have internet connection, download latest plugins)
    openvasd -D (run OpenVAS server)
    OpenVAS-Client (run OpenVAS Client)

And that's it. Feel free to report OpenVAS bugs or NASL contributions back to OpenVAS at their webpage.

You can also download 2.0beta1 version here (it's beta - don't expect that everything works, but you can report bugs):
    linux.hr/openvas/bt3/openvas-2.0.0.beta1.lzm

(I cannot put direct links, need 15 posts to do that, sorry for that)

I also have few questions regarding bt3 itself.

When building lzm, How to integrate lzm module/executables to show up in Backtrack menu in window/desktop managers?

I wanted to write how-to on OpenVAS usage on wiki, I registered, but I'm not allowed to edit/create (or I'm not seeing it). Also, I'm not able to add this module to the modules list on wiki. What's the process with that?

Thanks in advance!

Just burned his ISO

As OpenVAS released new beta version of new OpenVAS 2.0 release (2.0.0.beta2), I've made lzm for that version too. You can download it here (with instructions included):
    openvas.org/openvas-bt.html

For those who don't know, OpenVAS stands for Open Vulnerability Assessment System and is a network security scanner with associated tools like a graphical user front-end. The core component is a server with a set of network vulnerability tests (NVTs) to detect security problems in remote systems and applications.

OpenVAS products are Free Software under GNU GPL and a fork of Nessus.

Developer

Kost, Although I very much appreciate the effort to the community with open vas I cant let you link to a remastered .iso. If people want to use your .lzm that's fine but we as a staff decided along time ago not to allow remastered .isos of backtrack on this forum. You are free to distribute it anywhere else such as a blog or something but I would ask that when you link to it you include a disclaimer that it is not a official bt release and the will not receive support for it in any of the official bt locations. I hope you understand the resons we can not do this type of thing. Thanks from the staff

Just burned his ISO

Default Remastered ISO file

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    You are free to distribute it anywhere else such as a blog or something but I would ask that when you link to it you include a disclaimer that it is not a official bt release and the will not receive support for it in any of the official bt locations.
    Ok. Thanks for letting me know. I've updated the page with disclaimer as you said:

Hope everything is fine now.

Is there any plans to include OpenVAS in backtrack officialy in some of the future releases? If yes, I can help...

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by _kost View Post
    Ok. Thanks for letting me know. I've updated the page with disclaimer as you said:

Hope everything is fine now.

Is there any plans to include OpenVAS in backtrack officialy in some of the future releases? If yes, I can help...
    I would like to and I plan to submit it unless you would like to do it. If you need the devs contact info feel free to PM me or shoot me a Email. It may already be included and I just haven't heard yet. I will find out today and post here again.

Default openVAS Manual updates

how do i get the updates for openVAS manually so i can add them to my USB BT3 ?

thanks.