Thread: Can I install updated drivers via USB live

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question Can I install updated drivers via USB live

Ok I want to update my madwifi drivers for my acer asipire one.

I have the USB live edition of BT3, but only on a 1GB flashdrive.(i do have a 2gb flash drive if needed)

I want to try to update my madwifi drivers to see if it solves some issues.
    But I'm a little confused if I even can.
    First Can I update the drivers because its a live install? or do I have to actually install bt3 on the USB like this post describes
    so I can save changes?
    Code:
    h##p://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7844&page=14
    Or can I just have a preconfigured live USB stick with the update drivers already on the drive?

Just burned his ISO

Default made usb drive

ok I followed the tutorial from the link I posted earlier and a video tut ..purehate had made on making the USB install drive with bt3.
    everything went fine and also updated the madwifi drivers but my system doesn't recognize my atheros card at all now after the update...

I didn't know where to find the madwifi directory to uninstall the old drivers as suggested on "Madwifi's how to guide" I'm thinking that's why I have this problem with my system not detecting any atheros card what so ever..
    Any thoughts or suggestions about my problem please share thank you.

Just burned his ISO

well....... I would do a save changes install..... Flash memory USB sticks.... are cheap... You can put a MADWIFI module in your BT3 folder under modules and you will be good i believe.... slackbuilds.org or ....slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/ may help you...