Thread: Backtrack Main OS???

Default Backtrack Main OS???

So i just got a asus Eee 1000ha, 160GB HD cool looking
    Is there any reason why i should not use backtrack 3 as my main and only OS in this system?? like should i install windows xp and ubuntu and tri-boot??
    Also should i install it on a SD card and boot from it or direclty in the internal HD???

This has been covered before. There is no reason to stop you, its personal preference. Personally, I prefer booting off the hard drive.

Developer

There are plenty of threads covering the topic of why backtrack should NOT be used as a main OS. There are also threads on how to make it more like a main OS if you feel you must be so l33t that you need to use backtrack for every thing.

This has been covered before. There is no reason to stop you, its personal preference. Personally, I prefer booting off the hard drive.
    This statement is highly inaccurate. I can think of many reasons why you wouldn't/shouldn't use backtrack as your main OS

I would like to ask nicely that you PLEASE do a little searching before posting new threads. Almost every topic you have brought up has been covered 10+ times. Thank you

If you are even asking this question, you DONT need BackTrack3 as your main OS. I would suggest a small partition for BT and then the rest for Ubuntu, you can install XP in VirtualBox, because you have an eeepc you wont need to worry about not being able to play games in windows.
    This is a hackers forum :P
    root ~# aircrack-ng pwnd-01.cap
    Lenovo Thinkpad R500, OS: Ubuntu 8.10, BackTrack3, Windows XP (VirtualBox), Windows Vista, Windows 7 beta

Not all the tools in backtrack are needed everyday and if you go for a main-stream distro you likely to get bet hardware support.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te
    This statement is highly inaccurate. I can think of many reasons why you wouldn't/shouldn't use backtrack as your main OS
    As can I but I was once using backtrack as my main OS because I couldn't get virtualization working on anything else. Since then I'm now using Gentoo and my knowledge is alot better.