Thread: Airstation Firmware

Just burned his ISO

Default Airstation Firmware

Hi every one. For my first post, I have decidedon one of those questions that will probably be answered with a simple no.

I read a snippet on the Netstumbler forum, that the Buffalo Airstation card (WLI-PCM-L11G) is actually an Orinoco card.

Firstly can anyone confirm this, and I must admit, physically it looks like one.

Secondly, does anyone know, or can point me in the direction of, information on how to put Orinoco firmware onto this card?

It comes up as a Hermes chipset at the minute and I cant get any injection out of it.

I would love to sort this one out as I have this one with its antenna socket and a Netgear WG511T, which is better, but has no external antenna.

Thanks folks.

Developer

This has nothing to do with Backtrack however I'm not going to move this to general It yet because you will not be able to respond seeing as you are a new member and can only post in the newbie section.

Just burned his ISO

My apologies for posting in the wrong area.

Your reply has me wondering if this question is suited to the site at all?

The assumption was that it could get a possible response as BT users are obviously using all manner of wireless equipment. Again my apologies if I am incorrect.