Thread: Booting Issue

Just burned his ISO

Default Booting Issue

Hi all, here the situation:

I use BT3 on my HP Laptop (dv6701ca). I boot from the USB but the weird things is that I have to plug the power adapter to be able to boot, if I unplug it or remove it during to boot to only use the battery, everything freeze and I have to plug back the adapter for the booting process to continue!?!

Have you ever seen that or do you have any idea what can cause that?

thx all,

Just burned his ISO

hi

alot of things can cause this... but please be more specific.

is it only when you boot BT or does this happen under normal boot aswell..

have you tried using another usb port?? how many of your usb ports is in use? maybe try to unplug some of the devices you have running.. maybe its a bad connection and you mobo can't supply that specific usb post with enough current unless its plugged in

-DJ-

Just burned his ISO

it's only doing that when using BT. I only have the USB key plug in. I also tried with the CD boot but it's the same thing.

Junior Member imported_painter13's Avatar

Did you ever solve this problem? I have the same thing happening with my Compaq F763NR laptop the only difference is that I have a dual boot setup on my HDD with Vista Ultimate and BT3 Final using Purehate's tut for the BT3 install... I've tried ever type of booting options available to my knowledge and to top it all off! there are no acpi options on the bios... I've read tons of threads without any luck. Any and all help would be great for it sucks having to depend on a plug to boot BT3. Thanks in advance!

just out of curiosity can you underclock your cpu or ram from the bios? Maybe even disable any extra hardware to save power? this could possibly give you just enough extra power if it is infact a power issue.

might be worth ruling out.

Btw, there is nothing to disable other than the onboard hardware as far under clocking the processor I'm going to have to do some research on exactly how to go about doing that... Thanks for your input. Right now anything is worth trying....

Do you have multiple USB ports? I had a similar problem and found that only 1 specific USB port would boot under battery power.

Yes I do have multiple usb ports, but I have a hard disk install so in other words I'm not booting through a usb port.... Thanks for brain storming with me, I am almost given up and since I read about BT4 coming out soon I might just wait for that to happen...