Thread: HTTPD - Apache HTTP Server!

Default HTTPD - Apache HTTP Server!

Hi,

I am trying to work out how the HTTPD service is working on Backtrack 3 final.
    I know how to use Apache server on Windows environment so as you see I have a little knowledge of how things work.

I assume that HTTPD is the same as Apache Server. Can someone correct me on that if I am wrong.

I need to get an http server to run on Backtrack 3. So does someone has any instructions or some opinions of what is best to do?

I had also tried to install Apache Server but unfortunately without any good results.

Hopefully someone can help me to solve it.

Thank you very much!

Hi, Apache is already installed in backtrack3.
    You can control the Apache server using the apachectl start / stop commands.

Thank you Maybe but you haven't solve me my issues.

The main problem I experience is that when i am copying let's say my html or php files into the directory where apache loads them it then when I try to put localhost or 127.0.0.0 on mozilla firefox address bar it comes out with the error 403 if I am not wrong and it won't let me see the script or web page.

I don't know where the problem might sits. Can someone please what might goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ioannou.alexandros View Post
    Thank you Maybe but you haven't solve me my issues.

The main problem I experience is that when i am copying let's say my html or php files into the directory where apache loads them it then when I try to put localhost or 127.0.0.0 on mozilla firefox address bar it comes out with the error 403 if I am not wrong and it won't let me see the script or web page.

I don't know where the problem might sits. Can someone please what might goes wrong.
    Make sure that the /var/www directory (or whatever is listed in the apache conf) is owned by www-data.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Hi and thanks for your reply wyze.

To be honest I have not understand clearly what you meant with the following

Make sure that the /var/www directory (or whatever is listed in the apache conf) is owned by www-data.
    Can you please tell me again what I have to do?

By the way once I will start the server on which address should I point in the web browser.

Should I point to hxxp://127.0.0.1 or hxxp://localhost

Quote Originally Posted by ioannou.alexandros View Post

Can you please tell me again what I have to do?
    I'd read up on Apache if I were you.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze