Thread: Pentesting Book recommendations

Just burned his ISO

Red face Pentesting Book recommendations

I was wondering if anybody had any good Book recommendations that had help them get started in using some of these security tools in backtrack, understanding TCP/IP and Network security wired/wireless ect ect.

Take in consideration I'm very new to these topics so beginners books would be idea. I was thinking about going to Barnes n noble or borders to see what they have in but I figure I ask the RE forums first to get some input from actual people.

Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Default thank you

Thank You Barry.
    I feel stupid for not finding that link
    (search,search image)

But I skimmed over a few books when I was at Barnes n noble
    The hacking exposed 5th edition which seems like a greatbook of an all around overview of Networking vulnerabilities and tools to test with. TCP/IP for dummies it seemed like a good book for beginners (obviously!) I also seen a magazine called "hacking" which had a whole "how to" article on cracking WEP with backtrack and the magazine also came with a Live CD---wasn't too much of a fan on that article.

I know a book that I hold in high regard, and I just finished it. It's Counter Hack Reloaded by Ed Skoudis. It has increased my knowledge on TCP/IP, Methodologies by Security professionals/Hackers, various tools, and how to defend. It's a very fun read, I could not put it down. Highly recommend it!!

*The very first book I read was Hacking For Dummies, it gave me a overview on Network Security.
    A+
    Network +
    Security +
    Linux +

Work in progress: Saving for OSCP

Currently reading:Hacking-The Art Of Exploitation.

By the way one of my posts is in this thread. I read Hacking Exposed first, and I liked it, but then I read Counter Hack Reloaded, and it was just awesome!
    A+
    Network +
    Security +
    Linux +

Work in progress: Saving for OSCP

Currently reading:Hacking-The Art Of Exploitation.