Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very slow PPS. Is this right?

Is it WEP Open or Shared key?

Just burned his ISO

It's WEP open.

See if there is an option such AP or Client Isolation enabled. If so you may have injection via a clients MAC.

Just burned his ISO

I found out what was making my PPS so slow. There's an option on my router called "SPI firewall" that was enabled. Disabling this gives me about 400ish per second.

I still noticed that my PC's lose connection when I start the attack though :-\ I wonder why that would happen with my AP but not my brother's AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalif View Post
    I found out what was making my PPS so slow. There's an option on my router called "SPI firewall" that was enabled. Disabling this gives me about 400ish per second.

I still noticed that my PC's lose connection when I start the attack though :-\ I wonder why that would happen with my AP but not my brother's AP.
    Be happy, that means you got a good router , and your brother not

RTFM is what you missed , huh?
    (just joking around)

Linksys Product Page

Code:
    CTS Protection Mode. CTS (Clear-To-Send) Protection Mode should remain set to its default, Auto, so when your
    Wireless-G products are not able to transmit to the Router in an environment with heavy 802.11b traffic, the CTS
    Protection Mode will be used. This function boosts the Router’s ability to catch all Wireless-G transmissions but
    will severely decrease performance.
    Code:
    RTS Threshold. Should you encounter inconsistent data flow, only minor reduction of the default value, 2347, is
    recommended. If a network packet is smaller than the preset RTS threshold size, the RTS/CTS mechanism will
    not be enabled. The Router sends Request to Send (RTS) frames to a particular receiving station and negotiates
    the sending of a data frame. After receiving an RTS, the wireless station responds with a Clear to Send (CTS)
    frame to acknowledge the right to begin transmission. The RTS Threshold value should remain at its default value
    of 2347.
    Also try to diable your firewall. But do step per step to determine your problem.

Check it out and try again.
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

Just burned his ISO

I don't see how RTS threshold or CTS protection mode would have anything to do with why my computers get disconnected during an attack. Maybe I'm just being dense :-\

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12