Thread: macbook pro "no screens found"

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy macbook pro "no screens found"

well i have been searching this and other forums for quiet awhile to figure out how to get the bt3final livecd startx to work on my macbook pro, but unfortunately it was to no avail. can someone point me in the right direction.

from what i've discovered from a few other posts, it likely has to do with the fact that i have an ATI radeon x1600 graphics card, but beyond this, i'm lost as to how to make it *work* with this card.

any help is appreciated

Honestly, the easiest way is to pick up an older pc laptop off fleabay. You "should" be able to use vesa to get a display though.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Honestly, the easiest way is to pick up an older pc laptop off fleabay. You "should" be able to use vesa to get a display though.
    Another alternative would be to run BT through a virtualization software which you, tshaver, might already be aware of. I personally run BT3 on VMware Fusion on my macbook and am very impressed with the ease of use and ability to seamlessly integrate the guest OS into an assigned space making it both look and feel as if it would actually run natively.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Another alternative would be to run BT through a virtualization software which you, tshaver, might already be aware of. I personally run BT3 on VMware Fusion on my macbook and am very impressed with the ease of use and ability to seamlessly integrate the guest OS into an assigned space making it both look and feel as if it would actually run natively.
    Yea, there's that too. You'll need a usb wifi adapter, but since you're already using a Mac, I'll guess you are using one anyway.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

I have been running BackTrack on my MacBook Pro via Parallels. It works great!
    I have posted a complete install guide on the Wiki called OS X 10.5 and Parallels Desktop 3.

Just burned his ISO

thanks for the help all. i did end up getting kde loaded, albeit in VESA mode. i missed that option the first few times i booted up because i left my computer while it was booting.

as far as vmware or parallels, i think i might give them a try sometime when i get a usb wifi adapter.