Thread: xor file never shows up

LT72884

Default xor file never shows up

Ok so i have an AP at work that i am trying to crack the WEP key on. I am running ubuntu but i have the airmon-ng tools and everything on there.

I am so lost at why i cant get the xor file or anything to work. My AP is using a Shared WEP key.

# airmon-ng stop ath0

ath0 vap destroyed

#ifconfig wifi0 down
    #macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55
    successful
    #airmon-ng start wifi0

ath0 is a child of wifi0 ath0 in monitor mode
    #airodump-ng ath0

00:03:2F:25:66:E6 52 0 830 221 0 CH10 WEP WEP Ras

(it does not display under AUTH anything even after 900 beacons.)

#ctrl+c
    #airodump-ng -w sharedkey -c 10 --bssid 00:03:2F:25:66:E6 ath0

(nothing shows up UNLESS i run the airodump-ng ath0 command AGAIN and leave it running BUT ass son as i stop the ariodump-ng ath0 command. The airodump command focusing on the AP stops. this is NOT all the time jsut half the time)
    #airodump-ng -w sharedkey -c 10 --bssid 00:03:2F:25:66:E6 ath0

00:03:2F:25:66:E6 52 0 830 221 0 CH10 WEP WEP Ras
    (still no AUTH type yet)

#aireplay-ng -1 0 -e Ras -a 00:03:2F:25:66:E6 -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0

ERROR AP rejects open system authentication

#ls
    sharedkey.cap sharedkey.txt
    (no .xor file)
    # aireplay-ng -1 0 -e Ras -y sharedkey-04-00-14-6C-7E-40-80.xor -a AP's MAC -h MY MAC

No such file or directory sharedkey-04-00-14-6C-7E-40-80.xor
    #

Here is what the environment is like. One AP and NO clients.

How am i supposed to get a MAC of a client to deauth them IF i cant even auth with the AP. Is there a Program that tells me all the MACS authenticated with an AP?? I would like to get this working so i can finsih my homeowrk for my tele2610 wireless networking class. Thanx

And your boss has given you permission to hack into his business-critical network?

And he still is using WEP as a "protection"?

And you didn't know that his system didn't use open authentication?

LT72884

Yes because it is ONE AP for me to use for this purpose and Yes parts of the building are WEP while others are not and No. I knew that it was Shared i just did not know that the verbiage; "AP rejects open systems auth" meant that it was shared. I have never used these programs before so there verbiage is all new to me. I didnt know the diff between shared and open to know that with shared a host will not authenticate automatically unless the WEP key and challenge text are correctly sent back to the AP. But now i do thanx to google.

How elese would i have know it was shared if airodump-ng NEVER displayed SKA or whatever it is supposed to be to tell me that it is sharedkey in the output.

Thanx

Hope we can resolve my issues with this

EDIT

i am the IT admin here at my job. My job details are to do R and D for security and what not. I just finished building a new firewall from linux. Mainly im trying to learn how this works for my tele2610 class.