Thread: Quick question about Exploits.

Default Quick question about Exploits.

I understand the concept of exploits, and I understand how Metasploit works. Say for instance you want to use a exploit from Milw0rm, how does that work, and how do you send it to a remote machine through a port? I don't know any programming as of yet, but I want to know the process of how it's done.

Thanks in advance.
    -Josh.
    A+
    Network +
    Security +
    Linux +

Work in progress: Saving for OSCP

Currently reading:Hacking-The Art Of Exploitation.

Good friend of the forums

I understand the concept of exploits, and I understand how Metasploit works. Say for instance you want to use a exploit from Milw0rm, how does that work, and how do you send it to a remote machine through a port? I don't know any programming as of yet, but I want to know the process of how it's done.
    Hay cleanwithit2008 , most of the time the exploit that comprise a remote serivce will have some type of socket setup in the code. I don't think one person on this site will beable to fully tell you how to exploit a process(part of a serivce,aka function in programming lagunage). I think that C,ruby,pyhton and perl can comprise serivce and IIS and Apache jave(script ,applets),php etc
    Hope it helps

I'm pretty sure A+ includes info on how ports are assigned address's. Yea, start with 8-bit machine code and work up to hyper-threaded 64 bit and you should be good to go. No really, learn 8 bit first.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanwithit2008 View Post
    Say for instance you want to use a exploit from Milw0rm, how does that work, and how do you send it to a remote machine through a port?
    That's one very interesting thing what you learn in OSCP. You really should take it. Moreover I think there are some papers out there in the net about how to do that.........
    Don't eat yellow snow :rolleyes: