Thread: unassociated clients

Just burned his ISO

Default unassociated clients

can you do anything with clients that show up as unassociated? other then sit there and watch them try to connect to a network?

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

well, assuming you are in airodump, you could add -a and be done with looking at clients that are not associated

Quote Originally Posted by lilsancho View Post
    can you do anything with clients that show up as unassociated? other then sit there and watch them try to connect to a network?
    What exactly is it that you want to do with these clients, and why on earth would you sit around waiting for random clients to connect to a random access point? But to answer your question, yes there are ways to for example fool these unassociated clients to connect to a fake AP of yours.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

lol no i don't sit around waiting for them, i just get a few showing up when i'm in airodump. i was just curious as to if you could connect to their workstation or send information to and from etc.

And I’m also curious to know if leaving you wlan switch on unconnected is potentially dangerous or left open for an attack in some way.

can anyone post any links for information on this? and or guides

Smile

Try reading up on the caffe-latte attack in the aircrack set of tools, thats something to do with unassoc clients, its still in testing but read up on the theory behind it at aircrack's web site, not seen any good tuts for it yet, but its fairly self-explanitory.

Or if you can borrow a lappy thats vunerable check out the metasploit broadcom_wifi_ssid exploit.... well worth reading up on!

TT
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Simple Nomad gave a talk about unassociated clients 2 years ago at Shmoocon. I'm sure there's video of it.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Default :d

Thanks guys, i will have a read up