Thread: Create BT3 LiveCD with added drivers (wireless card)

Just burned his ISO

Default Create BT3 LiveCD with added drivers (wireless card)

Hello,
    I have a question regarding adding drivers to the Backtrack 3 LiveCD: Is it possible to do so from Windows? (Not having linux installed)
    I already have the linus drivers for my Atheros AR9281 (ath9k)
    I've found this but this guy is doing it from Ubuntu:
    hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=17135

Secondly he also says this: "OK so I've researched into this and I think the way to change the rt73 driver which is on the BT3 live CD as of now is by modifying the "module" (.lzm file) which the driver is contained on!"
    I've found it to be "lib.lzm"

~This might be a Slackware question but nonetheless may I ask how did he find that? I searched google for ever with keywords like "install drivers on slakware". If you have some other Slakware based program, how can you find where the drivers are kept?

I apologize for my first thread being sort of poor but I tried to reply to the thread in the link I posted and I got a message saying I "do not have permission to access this page." Please ignore my second paragraph if you find it not being related to Backtrack.

Thank you

1) From windows? no, unless you run bt3 in vm mode, but you need to create the ath9k or whatever you want to name the lzm file to be. The other thing is that ath9k may install drivers and other stuff in various locations, you need to take note of where it all goes as making lzm modules is easier said than done.

2) You will need to understand how to make slax lzm files. There's two ways to go about it. One is to create a small lzm file which will have the modules and whatever else you need all contained, which may not be automatically loaded and/or requires other parameters to be set. The other is to create large lzm such as lib.lzm with the ath9k driver along with all the other files that sit inside /lib as one whole thing.

In either cases you need to learn how to make lzm files and remastering a linux CD.