Thread: mouse arrow confined! plz help

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation mouse arrow confined! plz help

hi, i know the title is strange but thats exactly the problem

i use a Hp tx2500 tablet pc . and boot bt4 final iso from vmware player by using the hack from irongeek.

after starting x i can only move the mouse in a certain square area on the screen if i move over that area the mouse arrow goes into windows and i cant control the rest of the screen on backtrack. i was able to overcome this problem once.. but i couldnt do it again ...

i tried using all those fix-vesa commands and xrandr and others but nothing helped pls help me overcome this ordeal !

Default Re: mouse arrow confined! plz help

well, you can install vmtools which will allow you to move your mouse between your windoze and vmware session, or use your "host key" (on my mac, it's the left cmd button) to lock/unlock your mouse.

but, out of those two options, i think the only really feasible thing to do is lock/unlock your mouse using the host key, and you should be good to go with your live boot iso file.

maybe consider installing into a virtual machine using virtualbox - that could work for you.
    thou shalt treat all computers as thou wouldst treat thyself, for thou art the creator of thine own problems.