Thread: hard drive troubles?

Default hard drive troubles?

for some reason BT3 only seems to recognize about 120MB of my harddrive, when i'm positive i have over 3GB free... any advice?

JMC31337

Default More Info

Quote Originally Posted by benzslr123 View Post
    for some reason BT3 only seems to recognize about 120MB of my harddrive, when i'm positive i have over 3GB free... any advice?
    do you have some more information, i.e: name, type, drive mount pt, is the hard disk cable in slave hd(0,1) from BIOS instead of hd(0,0) for master. I had a problem where i had the master disk as slave and it wouldn't work to the full potential. Is it a laptop/desktop. The all powerful mongoose does not have the ability read minds. lol

Just burned his ISO

Default Is this a dual boot

If you are running Windows, then make sure that you have done a proper reboot. I had a problem similar to this, when I shutdown Windows it got hung, so I just held the power button until it turned off. Then when I went to install BT3 it didn't recognize all my free space. Also, if this is a dual boot than free up space on your HD, while in Windows.

Just burned his ISO

I am having some issues with my hdd on my EEEPC. it should be mounted at HDC1 and fdisk confirms this. now when i go in to konqueror and go to storage media and try to open the hard drive labled as "4.0G Media" i get an error saying "mount: mount point /mnt/hdc1/ does not exist" and when i right click and go mount i get the same error.

Help Computer?

thanks!

EDIT:

when i go to K>System>System Info>Storage Devices there is nothing at HDC1 but there is an aufs which I can open and access all files...