Thread: Nvidia drivers

Hybrid View

Default Nvidia drivers

i am trying to install drivers for my nvidia 9200m gs but everytime i try it says something about missing kernel headers.
    sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-177.80-pkg1.run
    it starts up just fine..and then boom i get that error. ive searched and im coming up blank. Help me out please.
    thanks guys.

That's not a Backtrack related question , so please search for help on a fitting forum. Here's a hint that might help you getting started:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...me-then-85203/
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

Quote Originally Posted by zero visual View Post
    i am trying to install drivers for my nvidia 9200m gs but everytime i try it says something about missing kernel headers.
    sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-177.80-pkg1.run
    it starts up just fine..and then boom i get that error. ive searched and im coming up blank. Help me out please.
    thanks guys.
    If you are using the CD version of BT3 the kernel headers are not included by default. They can however be downloaded here and installed using the following command:
    Code:
    lzm2dir kernel.lzm /
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.