Thread: Difficulty with wpa cracking - help!

Just burned his ISO

Question Difficulty with wpa cracking - help!

I'm fairly familiar with wep and wpa cracking. I have backtrack 3 and I need help.
    Been searching on the internet for weeks.
    My Dad has discovered he can put passwords on the modem and encrypt it with wpa-psk,
    this is easy and all but.. I'm not sure if the "dictionary attack" will work. Its not a password
    he made its an auto-generated password which is a 12 digit alpha-numeric code and ive been
    able to have a look at a password once, it goes something like this: 'im3p6u72h8iq432'
    it changes each time he encypts and un-encrypts the network. I can only go on the internet
    when he decides to un-encrypt it.
    It's a pain when your're up at night talking to your friends and he suddenly encrypts its
    Please, can anyone help me?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: Difficulty with wpa cracking - help!

Quote Originally Posted by pete14_ View Post
    I'm fairly familiar with wep and wpa cracking. I have backtrack 3 and I need help.
    Been searching on the internet for weeks.
    My Dad has discovered he can put passwords on the modem and encrypt it with wpa-psk,
    this is easy and all but.. I'm not sure if the "dictionary attack" will work. Its not a password
    he made its an auto-generated password which is a 12 digit alpha-numeric code and ive been
    able to have a look at a password once, it goes something like this: 'im3p6u72h8iq432'
    it changes each time he encypts and un-encrypts the network. I can only go on the internet
    when he decides to un-encrypt it.
    It's a pain when your're up at night talking to your friends and he suddenly encrypts its
    Please, can anyone help me?
    We do not support BT3 and we do not condone illegal activities of any sort. If your daddy put a password on it, then he has a reason for it. Furthermore stop messing with it before I write him a letter and you get a spanking.