Thread: Can I install BT2 and then upgrade to 3 inside of BT2?

Default Can I install BT2 and then upgrade to 3 inside of BT2?

Can I use the installer for Backtrack 2 and install it, but then while in Backtrack 2 can I upgrade to 3? Is there an update thing like windows update or something similar that will update inside of backtrack? Or am I am going to have to get off of my lazy butt and just install BT3 via command line or however you do it (Haven't really looked into it yet)

No you cannot upgrade like that, You are as you put it "going to have to get off of" your "lazy butt and just install BT3 via the command line".

or if you want to get creative you can use the beta installer for bt3final but for all the hassle you could probly do cmd line just as quick
    Morpheus: "You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

Neo: "What if I take both?"

Morpheus: "Don't do that! You end up like Nick Nolte!"

Just burned his ISO

Let's say we have something like this, "upgrade instantly from BT2 to BT3", but I am not sure if everything will work as normal as BT2. Because after you upgrade, sure you will have different libraries, modules, drivers and stuff.

So, get your ass to manual upgrade.

OK well thanks guys, I just got my WiFi card in today so I am gonna get off my lazy but and get this installed.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by then00b View Post
    OK well thanks guys, I just got my WiFi card in today so I am gonna get off my lazy but and get this installed.
    Good luck, mate..