Thread: Ettercap shuts down

Cool Ettercap shuts down

Most of the time when i try to use ettercap I start the program after connecting to my home or work(with permission from the boss to test only) I select my card and then press ctrl+s to scan the network and then i get kicked off. It doesnt happen everytime but more times then not. Just wondering why this would be?

Quote Originally Posted by kdiggity317 View Post
    Most of the time when i try to use ettercap I start the program after connecting to my home or work(with permission from the boss to test only) I select my card and then press ctrl+s to scan the network and then i get kicked off. It doesnt happen everytime but more times then not. Just wondering why this would be?
    Are you losing your connection to the network or is ettercap closing unexpectedly? Your title implies problems with ettercap. However "then i get kicked off" makes me think your talking about your connection.
    When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean. -- Lin-Chi
    - - - - - - - -
    I slept once, it was a Tuesday.

Cool

Oh sorry for the confustion there yes you are correct Im getting kicked off the network. Right after I posted this I was still looking around and found a post that seemed to be almost the same. It seems to be saying they were getting kicked off the network while running ettercap. Seems that its just the wireless assistante is just saying im kicked off even though thats not really the case. I have not tested it with connecting through the terminal. I will give it a try and let you all know.