Thread: Anyone played with the new WPA crack?

Just burned his ISO

Default Anyone played with the new WPA crack?

I installed the new WPA crack included in the latest air tools that was released the other day. So far I haven't been able to successfully use it, however. Has anyone else tried it yet? If so how did you go about getting it to work?

well I'm not really sure what functions the new aircrack implements, understand that WPA-TKIP isn't really "cracked" in the sense that you can get the key. It's more like it's exploitable

http://arstechnica.com/articles/paed...-cracked.ars/2

Just burned his ISO

Well, yeah. Isn't it basically that you can intercept the traffic between a PC and a router? That's the way I understood it from what I've read.

Smaller packets can be decrypted without the use of the key, but larger packets should still be safe. Source: Slashdot
    I am curious to give it a try and see how it handles out.
    I have the card in me head, but you have the memory problems?

I am setting up a test rig to see this new attack in action and I plan to use it on multiple brands of routers which I have setup in test environments. I shall report my findings if someone does not do it before I do.

-TheGreatVirus
    \|,,,,,,,,,,,\|/,,,,,,,,,,,,|/
    -(o)===(<(O)>)===(o)-
    /|''''''''''''''''`/|\'''''''''''''''''''|\

Just burned his ISO

You're right, jkroeder. From: itworld.com/security/57285/once-thought-safe-wpa-wi-fi-encryption-cracked

"Security researchers say they've developed a way to partially crack the Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) encryption standard used to protect data on many wireless networks."

"he was able to crack WPA encryption, in order to read data being sent from a router to a laptop computer. The attack could also be used to send bogus information to a client connected to the router."

"They have not, however, managed to crack the encryption keys used to secure data that goes from the PC to the router in this particular attack"

"Ruiu expects a lot more WPA research to follow this work. "Its just the starting point," he said. "Erik and Martin have just opened the box on a whole new hacker playground.""