Thread: Dell Inspiron Mini 9 and the Asus G70S

Default Dell Inspiron Mini 9 and the Asus G70S

Hello, my name is Joe, and I have become very interested in Back|Track. I am also interested in two laptops, the Dell Inspiron Mini 9 and the Asus G70S. I know, two completely different systems. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience running BT3 on either or both of these systems. I know that would probably run on the Asus, but the Dell I'm not so sure about. The reason I am unsure is because it has an 8.9 inch display and the hardware might not be recognizable... Anyway, just looking for some feedback! :-D

Hi Arndtwe,

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...nspiron+Mini+9 will give you some impressions about the Mini9 and Bt3.

The Asus G70S is a very high-end laptop, but i'm not sure about the wireless chipset. So I can't tell you atm if you can monitor/inject with it.

If i had the choice , the G70S would be my favorite.
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

Thanks for the link... But the info in that thread did not really give me any insight as to what to expect. I read that the OP of that thread was having trouble getting video to work, but the other posts were mostly unrelated. And I would agree that the G70S is highend, heh, the only problem is the price tag. G70S=$2800+ Mini9=$430+. To add to my problem, I don't know much about what hardware BT3 runs on... So I cannot say if it would run on the G70S. My conclusion (as for now) is to get the Mini9, small portable, and powerful (for it's size). Thanks for the feedback!!