Thread: eeepc 900 putting BT3 on second Drive

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default eeepc 900 putting BT3 on second Drive

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

i have an eee pc 900 (20g) i have windows installed on my 4g primary and i want to put BackTrack 3 on my 16g secondary drive and be able to choose which OS to load when i turn my eee on.

has anyone done this yet on there eee? i found loads of information on installing BT but i can't figure out how to set it up for two seprate drives.

any help with this would be greatful

It will be the same as any other dual boot installation.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

ok, i've installed it to my second hard drive but nothing happens after that, i don't get any options to boot and if i set my bios to boot from that drive nothing happens. do i need to write a mbr? and how would i do that??

Which how-to did you follow?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69