Thread: Eth irq Error on backtrack 2..

Just burned his ISO

Default Eth irq Error on backtrack 2..

Dear all,

i had a problem with my PC, when i try to boot Backtrack 2 on it.. the error says :

sky2 0000:02:00.0: cannot assign irq 0

I think, the error came from my nic, so i turn it off on my bios (i use eth onboard, on my motherboard, ABIT AX-78). it's done, and the system, can boot normally, but, i don't have an active eth now..

The thing i want to ask is: Can i solved this problem? how could i activated the nic without this error? have anyone got the same problem with me?

Thanks for any help..

Quote Originally Posted by cruzler View Post
    Dear all,

i had a problem with my PC, when i try to boot Backtrack 2 on it.. the error says :

sky2 0000:02:00.0: cannot assign irq 0

I think, the error came from my nic, so i turn it off on my bios (i use eth onboard, on my motherboard, ABIT AX-78). it's done, and the system, can boot normally, but, i don't have an active eth now..

The thing i want to ask is: Can i solved this problem? how could i activated the nic without this error? have anyone got the same problem with me?

Thanks for any help..
    Have you tried BT3 instead of BT2? Also without any mention of what make/model of PC and wireless card you are using it will be hard for anyone to provide you with any help.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Default Free up some IRQ resources

You might try going into the BIOS, and disabling some things that may be using IRQ resources. Some things I would disable would be any serial ports or things to that matter. This would theoriatically allow the system to use a different IRQ.

However, it might not even be an IRQ conflict at all, and if this is the case then my suggestion to you won't work.

It's worth a shot though, and would be an easy fix!