Thread: Alfa Awus036h drops connection...

Just burned his ISO

Default Alfa Awus036h drops connection...

I searched but I did not find anything very helpful... If I missed it, please help me with the query you used.

I have two wifi routers setup for testing and I also have an internal Intel iwl3945 card. For the Alfa USB I can see that the r8187 driver is being used.

Often the Alfa will drop connections and require me to reconnect. I do not have this problem with the Intel card. Also, I can connect using the "Wireless Assistant" via iwl3945 using WPA2, but when I use the Alfa via "Wireless Assistant" it does not give me the option to connect using WP2.

I have two questions that I need help with.

1) Is anyone aware of how to fix the dropped connection issue with Alfa?
    2) How connect using to my WP2 using "WA" with the alfa?

Thanks in advance!
    Wishi

Quote Originally Posted by Wishi View Post
    1) Is anyone aware of how to fix the dropped connection issue with Alfa?
    Don't use the wireless assistant to connect, it is quite buggy and will among other things drop your connection often. Use the command line to connect instead as it will guarantee you a reliable connection.
    2) How connect using to my WP2 using "WA" with the alfa?
    You will need to use the windows drivers along with NDISwrapper to be able to connect to WPA/WPA2 encrypted networks with your Alfa card. For a short tutorial on how to configure this take a look at the following thread: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=15497

Thanks in advance!
    Wishi
    You are welcome.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.