Thread: Few questions about BT3

Default Few questions about BT3

I am running BT3 through VMware and I was trying to setup Samba so I can transfer files between the two, but it appears to be much different than bt2 because I can't get Samba to load.

Also, I was trying to install BT3 to my HDD, but from what I understand there is an install script now? If so, were would I find this script?

This is kind of off-topic, but is there any handheld device that is capable of packet injection?
    I hate Google.

Question 2 = Installing BT3 from the terminal is much better than the script

Question 3 = no.
    This is a hackers forum :P
    root ~# aircrack-ng pwnd-01.cap
    Lenovo Thinkpad R500, OS: Ubuntu 8.10, BackTrack3, Windows XP (VirtualBox), Windows Vista, Windows 7 beta

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifix View Post
    This is kind of off-topic, but is there any handheld device that is capable of packet injection?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shavx View Post
    Question 3 = no.
    Well strictly speaking that is not completely true. Although it will require an external wireless dongle the Openmoko Neo Freerunner is able to inject. Take a look at the following page for more details on this and the project that makes it possible:
    www.neopwn.com
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Well strictly speaking that is not completely true. Although it will require an external wireless dongle the Openmoko Neo Freerunner is able to inject. Take a look at the following page for more details on this and the project that makes it possible:
    www.neopwn.com
    I think they got injection working with the nokia N800/N810 handhelds too, but don't hold me to that. You could also use a Sharp Zaurus with the same wifi dongle as the openmoko. There's also the closed source Silica devices. If you really want to go nuts you can use one of the gumstix computers as well.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Since Nokia will not release the source for the drives on the N8x0 injection is only working via a external NIC and powered hub.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I think they got injection working with the nokia N800/N810 handhelds too, but don't hold me to that. You could also use a Sharp Zaurus with the same wifi dongle as the openmoko. There's also the closed source Silica devices. If you really want to go nuts you can use one of the gumstix computers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BOFH139 View Post
    Since Nokia will not release the source for the drives on the N8x0 injection is only working via a external NIC and powered hub.
    Okay, so basically everything I posted needs the same wifi dongle as the openmoko. Not as neat and tidy, but it would work.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    www.neopwn.com
    Nice, were can you buy one of those?
    I hate Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifix View Post
    Nice, were can you buy one of those?
    Did you check the link in the message by me that you quoted? If you are simply interested in the device itself without the needed configurations in order for it to be able to inject etc. it can be ordered here.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.