Thread: mac filtering

Just burned his ISO

Default mac filtering

hi all

this is my first post here so please be forbear with me. i am also having only a couple of hours internet a day; and therefore i have to take a long way...

i tested bt3 and it works excellent so far! but right know i got stuck. i tried to connect with my laptop to my ap witch has mac-filtering enabled (my desktop is permit and connected) i know this mac-address of course, i faked my laptops mac address to the one of my desktop but i couldn't connect to my router... when i switch off my desktop it works?!
    1) so how can i kick out my desktop from the ap from my laptop (sry for my English its not my native language)?
    2) is it somehow possible to, i don't know how to say, "bypass" the mac-filtering by using a trick or something like this. don't take this question to serious
    3)in the next step i want to "hack" my router - but i have no clue at all how this might work so i also have no good "vocables" to search so maybe someone can write me a little tutorial how to do this with backtrack or send me a link or give me short overview so that i can search by my own...

greez & thx
    tom

Welome and congrats on getting started! The reason you can't connect to the AP when the desktop is connected is that only one client can be connected at a time with the same MAC ID. As for what you can do about this, the best way would be to send a disassociate packet for the dektop, taking it offline temporarily, and then quickly connect with your spoofed MAC. The AP will believe the desktop has simply reconnected and then you're all set!

Good luck and happy hacking. Just make sure you are being safe and not beraking any laws/TOSs/EULAs etc.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill