Thread: Inserting wireless card (sort of) freezes BT3 (Netgear WG511T)

Just burned his ISO

Default Inserting wireless card (sort of) freezes BT3 (Netgear WG511T)

Hi all I'm having a problem with my Netgear WG511T PCMCIA card.

When I have it inserted and boot BT3 the loading completely hangs on 'creating /etc/fstab' until I take out my card from the PCMCIA slot and the booting continues immediatly.

When BT3 boots I try putting the card back in and the system completely locks up until I take it out again, and the system immediatly becomes perfectly useable again. If I repeat this the same thing happens but on the third time I can use the system with the card in.

The mouse then works fine but when I try to type things there is a massive delay time and the characters come out all messed up (for example 'iwconfig' comes out like 'iwwwcnfiiiiiig').

If I actually mange to get a command in it works fine, albeit very slowly. Wierd. Also I can actually connect to my network and use the internet but I can't type anything in properly!

Using the athreos chipset and madwifi-ng drivers.
    Packard Bell Easynote H5

All help much appreciated!!

Just burned his ISO

Would really appreciate it if anyone could give steps to helping this noob!

Interestingly I borrowed a friends card (broadcom chipset) which worked perfectly, any ideas before I go and buy one?

Cheers

I have a gut feeling it could be irq issues or the way there is a preference on the bus modes (master, etc). Have you tried this card on other laptops and have had similar cases? what about dmesg? was there any new information apart from kernel detecting the chip and loaded the driver?