Thread: Hawking HWDN2 USB Wireless-150N Dish Antenna

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Hawking HWDN2 USB Wireless-150N Dish Antenna

This device does not work out of the box with Backtrack. I am unable to get it working at this point. I think i'm close but i lack complete experience with the CLI, installation and linux module understandings.

I have the Hawking 150N USB dish antenna.
    It uses a netr28u.inf driver in windows. I'll recap what i've done with it so far. THe driver is made by a company call Ralink TEchnology. the device uses the RT2870/2770 driver for linux(from their page)

ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Linux.html

1) i installed it with ndiswrapper. but i read on the HCL Wireless page that ndiswrapper does not support injection.
    i typed in shell
    #ndiswrapper -i "path to file"
    this installed the driver correctly, but i dont know how to put the driver on my interface, or how to start the module. i dont know what the module name is.

2) i searched around to see if there was a linux driver. i found one on opendrivers.com

I downloaded a tar.bz2 file. when i try to install, i get error messages. i've tried to install 2 ways. i read a wiki install page and tried it by
    #make
    and it didn't work.

then i tried
    #make install
    more errors, still nothing.

then i tried ./configure and nothing happerns, tells me bad commad and directories are missing.

after much trouble shooting i used a lifeline and called up my networking compadre(he's at work right now). He told me i may need to create a persistent directory, and then try the install and it would work.

can anyone shed light on this? Thank you all for help in advance.

Just burned his ISO

Default duplicate post

sorry, i created this thread in the wrong area. can you please delete this, i've made another one in the BT3 final thread. i dont have beta.
    sorry Admins.