Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Backtrack and the IPhone

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    am i to understand that there's something the jesus phone can't do?
    blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Am I to understand that there's something the Jesus phone can't do?
    Other than cut and paste?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Unfortunately after doing a bunch of research I've come to the conclusion that the iPhone really isn't good for anything except being an iPhone. For all it's functionality the hardware specs aren't that great and apple is fighting the mod community every step of the way.
    Best you can do is the "ipwn" it looks a little like a Borg scanner with the wifi dongle but it has some really cool features.
    Morpheus: "You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

Neo: "What if I take both?"

Morpheus: "Don't do that! You end up like Nick Nolte!"

Am I to understand that there's something the Jesus phone can't do?
    Thats the funniest damn thing I have read tonight!! It can't make a round through the clothes washer either. Packet injection with the iPhone, at the risk of sounding too nerdy, that would fking rock!

Quote Originally Posted by ghost40 View Post
    Thats the funniest damn thing I have read tonight!! It can't make a round through the clothes washer either. Packet injection with the iPhone, at the risk of sounding too nerdy, that would fking rock!
    Most phones can't make a round through the wash, and yes, yes it would.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

One of those cool mod guys really should merge this thread with the other.

@OP if you really want something handheld that can do a lot of the stuff that Back|Track can do, pick up a Sharp Zaurus off eBay.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

This seem to be oddly appropriate.

http://www.dilbert.com/strips/comic/2008-10-20/
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelati View Post
    ...and apple is fighting the mod community every step of the way. ...
    That's hardly surprising. Apple has always maintained VERY aggressive control of all it's hardware and software. In many ways, MS's business practices looks like a warm and fuzzy kitten on Prozac in comparison to Apple's rabid doberman.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    That's hardly surprising. Apple has always maintained VERY aggressive control of all it's hardware and software. In many ways, MS's business practices looks like a warm and fuzzy kitten on Prozac in comparison to Apple's rabid doberman.
    You better watch out for the evil apple black helicopters. They'll want to take you away for re-education after making such statements public.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

You better watch out for the evil apple black helicopters. They'll want to take you away for re-education after making such statements public.
    Black helicopters? Nah, that's the .gov guys. Besides, they only come around after I buy a copy of Catcher in the Rye. (Note to self: You MUST stop by bookstore today.)

The Apple guys have white choppers, that hide in the clouds. They never crash, or if they do, they never admit it publicly.

Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast