Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I create a Wordlist From a Wordlist? Which Wordlist Generator?

I suggest some reading.

here to read about the sed command

here to read about shell scripting

both of those took me two min to find on google. Do some research before you start asking questions. everything you have asked can be found in numerous sources and with a little effort you would have found them yourself.
    "At least black people knew when they where slaves" Doug stanhope

how do you know that I didn't read about sed. I am reading many pages especially about sed (because you insisted on the solution can only be possible with using sed) for last two days.

I can introduce you the best page (in my opinion) among that many pages about sed on the net:
    http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/Sed.html

but I couldn't find my question's answer on that pages, that is why I requested help here. But if you don't want, forget about it, nevermind.

There are lots of threads around here which cover similar ideas, try searching for "wordlist" or "generator" with a little ingenuity you can easily warp one of those solutions to your specific needs.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

I read the documents and I will keep reading them. Perhaps I couldn't express myself here, because my question was very easy and painless to answer for a master who knows these things more than others.

It was painless to answer because I only need a "yes" or a "no" in this stage. Because I don't want to try to go into wrong way if the answer is "no"

My question was very clear:
    can we combine these two commands each other;
    sed 's/$/123/' wordlist.txt > NewWordlist.txt
    /pentest/password/crunch 3 3 1234567890

And I added a "hint" request to my question as "should we use "pipe" for this function?

And I was expecting some replies like;
    -"Yes you can do in in that way by using pipe function"
    -"No you can not combine that two commands each other without writing a program script"
    -Yes you can combine them but not with pipe function"
    like that. That was all I need (small directions that I can redirect my researches). Besides, I asked this question AFTER I read a lot of things about "sed" and after I couldn't manage to handle this thing with myself.

Am I expecting too much thing from a forum share?

PS. By the way thorin, thank you for your reply, I searched all threads here about sed and about wordlist & generator. I can say I nearly memorized all of them by reading many times but I coulnd't find the solution of function that I need. If you know a thread that I may miss I would appreciate to have the url of that page.

Quote Originally Posted by damlayss View Post
    My question was very clear:
    can we combine these two commands each other;
    sed 's/$/123/' wordlist.txt > NewWordlist.txt
    /pentest/password/crunch 3 3 1234567890

And I added a "hint" request to my question as "should we use "pipe" for this function?
    Since you seem to have done your research you are probably already aware that it indeed is possible to use a pipe along with sed. Have you tried combining the two commands already, for example like this crunch 3 3 1234567890 | sed 's/$/123/' > NewWordlist.txt, and if so at which point are you experiencing problems?
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

I didn't try it like that because I think it will add a fix "123" part at the end of each line like;

but I need the wise versa of that.

Variable (three digit numbers) part should be at the end of each lines. And lines will be get from a txt file one by one by "sed" command.

As a summary, I am trying to put the output of "crunch" command into the place of "123" in sed 's/$/123/'

Crunch will function as a dynamic variable chaging from 000 to 999 for each line and it will produce
    john000
    john001
    john002
    john999
    tom000
    tom001
    tom999
    william000

That is the output I want to get. And this point which we are discussing now is the place I can come until now after all reseraches and readings. But I couldn't still find a way to do that.

I see, I misinterpreted your intentions in my previous post. However, I do not think you will be able to achieve this using one single command, a simple bash script on the other hand should be able to take care of it.

Default This does something similar.....

http://translate.google.fr/translate...hl=fr&ie=UTF-8

this can do something similar to what your wanting, and it is based on crunch. Since you obviously have tried yourself maybe a kind member could have a look at the script behind it for hints, i would offer some myself but my scripting is not good, and my French is non-existant! I don't think i'm the best person to offer help

TT
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Talkie Toaster View Post
    http://translate.google.fr/translate...hl=fr&ie=UTF-8

this can do something similar to what your wanting, and it is based on crunch. Since you obviously have tried yourself maybe a kind member could have a look at the script behind it for hints, i would offer some myself but my scripting is not good, and my French is non-existant! I don't think i'm the best person to offer help

TT
    The program is kindly provided in English here: http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=17475

EDIT: The download link seems to be unavailable at the moment, but if you are interested a PM to M1ck3y will probably fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    I see, I misinterpreted your intentions in my previous post. However, I do not think you will be able to achieve this using one single command, a simple bash script on the other hand should be able to take care of it.
    Thank you Tron. That was the kind of help which I requested from senior members. You saved me walking in the wrong places much more. Now I will try to find the solution in some other ways.

And thank you Talkie Toaster, I'll have a try immediately.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast