Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I create a Wordlist From a Wordlist? Which Wordlist Generator?

Default How do I create a Wordlist From a Wordlist? Which Wordlist Generator?

I read the forum but I couldn't find the answer of my question about what I am looking for. Let me tell what I am looking for:

I have a wordlist. Let's say "names" and it goes like (john, tom, william..)
    and I want to create an other new list by using this list, like;

--------------------
    john1
    john2
    john9999
    tom1
    tom9999
    --------------------

This is the most simple manuplation that I want to make to the first list but according to the possible needs which will appear in future, I would like to make some other manuplations and create new lists like;

---------------------
    (Capitalization)
    John1

----OR------

(Putting something inside words)
    jAohn
    tAom
    wAilliam

----OR------

(Combining words within other words in an other wordlist)
    Let's say I have a second wordlist like (TABLE, DESK, ...)

and new (third) wordlist should be like;

johnTABLE
    johnDESK
    tomTABLE
    tomDESK
    williamTABLE
    williamDESK
    ------------------

So I hope I can make it understandable what I am looking for. I don't know if classic programs can do it like John the Ripper, etc.. But I didn't see any example in anywhere that show they can do it. Examples that I saw were always about creating some wordlists for brute forse attack.

SO, my main question is : Is there a way (software) which allows me to generate wordlists by making this kind of intelligent choices?

If the answer is "NO" please let me know it..so I can stop looking for that kind of a solution...

Question

try john the ripper (JTR) or the french backtrack forum guys have some nifty wordlist gens, look for recent posts about them, i think one was called giga-wordlist generator. also crunch can be handy.

I hope you've got loads and loads of HD space if your going to be playing with these.......

TT
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

I had some tries with all that programs you mentioned. But I couldn't find a way to make what I am trying.

I may miss the solution. So, do you know (certainly) that programs can do that or are you just making a guess?

try the the command

Code:
    sed
    not sure of the syntax right now as i am tired and hungry after a long activity weekend with uni but if you man it and google it and also search this forum i am sure that you will find what you need
    "At least black people knew when they where slaves" Doug stanhope

I had a look to that command and tried it but I think that command is not the answer of this solution
    I would appreciate if anyone inform me about do I making something wrong?

sorry dude but that is the answer to your question. it does exactly what you want!!
    "At least black people knew when they where slaves" Doug stanhope

Developer

sed will do exactly what you want. You just want something more simple and windows like it seems.

yeah, it seems I am not very good at using this type of commands but it is good to hear that there is a ready solution for this kind of a manuplation even if it is not very simple (for me) and not with GUI. (By the way, I am looking to all over the internet for one week and I can not believe that there is not "even one" small ready program which makes this kind of manupulations to the wordlists)

Nevermind..so can you give a little bit hint about how can I use sed command. For examles if we talk about my first example how can I convert {john,tom..} to {john1, john,2, ...john9999, tom1, ....}

I need to add that, I can manage to add something to the end of words with "sed" command. There is no big problem in appending or predending a fix word to every line in the word list.

But I couldn't add a sequence of numbers (For ex. 1 to 999) to every line of the wordlist.

Or to add all words of a second wordlist to my every line of my original wordlist.

sed 's/$/123/' wordlist.txt > NewWordlist.txt

in the command above I need to put the result of (like a dynamic variable)

/pentest/password/crunch 3 3 1234567890

instead of fixed "123" part, But HOW? With pipe? I don't know how...

is it possible? even yes or no is enough for me to decide my direction? But more information is always appreciated..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast