Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I create a Wordlist From a Wordlist? Which Wordlist Generator?

Hybrid View

Default How do I create a Wordlist From a Wordlist? Which Wordlist Generator?

I read the forum but I couldn't find the answer of my question about what I am looking for. Let me tell what I am looking for:

I have a wordlist. Let's say "names" and it goes like (john, tom, william..)
    and I want to create an other new list by using this list, like;

--------------------
    john1
    john2
    john9999
    tom1
    tom9999
    --------------------

This is the most simple manuplation that I want to make to the first list but according to the possible needs which will appear in future, I would like to make some other manuplations and create new lists like;

---------------------
    (Capitalization)
    John1

----OR------

(Putting something inside words)
    jAohn
    tAom
    wAilliam

----OR------

(Combining words within other words in an other wordlist)
    Let's say I have a second wordlist like (TABLE, DESK, ...)

and new (third) wordlist should be like;

johnTABLE
    johnDESK
    tomTABLE
    tomDESK
    williamTABLE
    williamDESK
    ------------------

So I hope I can make it understandable what I am looking for. I don't know if classic programs can do it like John the Ripper, etc.. But I didn't see any example in anywhere that show they can do it. Examples that I saw were always about creating some wordlists for brute forse attack.

SO, my main question is : Is there a way (software) which allows me to generate wordlists by making this kind of intelligent choices?

If the answer is "NO" please let me know it..so I can stop looking for that kind of a solution...

Question

try john the ripper (JTR) or the french backtrack forum guys have some nifty wordlist gens, look for recent posts about them, i think one was called giga-wordlist generator. also crunch can be handy.

I hope you've got loads and loads of HD space if your going to be playing with these.......

TT
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

I had some tries with all that programs you mentioned. But I couldn't find a way to make what I am trying.

I may miss the solution. So, do you know (certainly) that programs can do that or are you just making a guess?

try the the command

Code:
    sed
    not sure of the syntax right now as i am tired and hungry after a long activity weekend with uni but if you man it and google it and also search this forum i am sure that you will find what you need
    "At least black people knew when they where slaves" Doug stanhope

I had a look to that command and tried it but I think that command is not the answer of this solution
    I would appreciate if anyone inform me about do I making something wrong?

There are lots of threads around here which cover similar ideas, try searching for "wordlist" or "generator" with a little ingenuity you can easily warp one of those solutions to your specific needs.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

I read the documents and I will keep reading them. Perhaps I couldn't express myself here, because my question was very easy and painless to answer for a master who knows these things more than others.

It was painless to answer because I only need a "yes" or a "no" in this stage. Because I don't want to try to go into wrong way if the answer is "no"

My question was very clear:
    can we combine these two commands each other;
    sed 's/$/123/' wordlist.txt > NewWordlist.txt
    /pentest/password/crunch 3 3 1234567890

And I added a "hint" request to my question as "should we use "pipe" for this function?

And I was expecting some replies like;
    -"Yes you can do in in that way by using pipe function"
    -"No you can not combine that two commands each other without writing a program script"
    -Yes you can combine them but not with pipe function"
    like that. That was all I need (small directions that I can redirect my researches). Besides, I asked this question AFTER I read a lot of things about "sed" and after I couldn't manage to handle this thing with myself.

Am I expecting too much thing from a forum share?

PS. By the way thorin, thank you for your reply, I searched all threads here about sed and about wordlist & generator. I can say I nearly memorized all of them by reading many times but I coulnd't find the solution of function that I need. If you know a thread that I may miss I would appreciate to have the url of that page.

Quote Originally Posted by damlayss View Post
    My question was very clear:
    can we combine these two commands each other;
    sed 's/$/123/' wordlist.txt > NewWordlist.txt
    /pentest/password/crunch 3 3 1234567890

And I added a "hint" request to my question as "should we use "pipe" for this function?
    Since you seem to have done your research you are probably already aware that it indeed is possible to use a pipe along with sed. Have you tried combining the two commands already, for example like this crunch 3 3 1234567890 | sed 's/$/123/' > NewWordlist.txt, and if so at which point are you experiencing problems?
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

I didn't try it like that because I think it will add a fix "123" part at the end of each line like;

but I need the wise versa of that.

Variable (three digit numbers) part should be at the end of each lines. And lines will be get from a txt file one by one by "sed" command.

As a summary, I am trying to put the output of "crunch" command into the place of "123" in sed 's/$/123/'

Crunch will function as a dynamic variable chaging from 000 to 999 for each line and it will produce
    john000
    john001
    john002
    john999
    tom000
    tom001
    tom999
    william000

That is the output I want to get. And this point which we are discussing now is the place I can come until now after all reseraches and readings. But I couldn't still find a way to do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast