Thanks for the reply. Ive been making progress of my own. I managed to get DNS requests to show up on my outbound interface, but im getting destination unreachable erros. On wireshark it looks like this.
192.168.0.55(client)>>>192.168.0.1(at0) DNS Standard Query A www.google.com (Bar in Blue)
(This is the request for google from my client)
Then when I look at wlan0 (NIC to router and internet) I see:
192.168.0.1>>>>192.168.0.55 ICMP Destination unreachable [Port unreachable] (Bar in Black)
(This same msg gets sent back to at0 and the client is blackholed)
So my clients are getting IPs and their DNS requests are getting routed to the correct interface, it seems like the interface just doesnt know what to do with the DNS requests. I figured Masqing would solve this problem, however when I add the lines you put up from page 4 (modified for my subnet of course) I no long recieve the ICMP error. Instead I can no longer see any kind of activity making it to wlan0 from at0 and my client just keeps sending the DNS request into space untill it times out.
If you could possibly post the output from:
#iptables -t nat -L
or any other configs you think might be useful id like to compare what I have to your working config.
3:18 AM, I GOT IT! Posting from a client connected to my fake AP now. Went back and did everything over again from the start. Im not sure what I was doing wrong before but it sure is working now. Finally I can get some damn sleep... Going to have sweet dreams of flawless connectivity, and not of nightmarish syntax errors!
Ill sort out all the logs and stuff tomarrow and hopefully be able to replicate my success.