Thread: Noob installation question

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Noob installation question

Hello everyone,

I am new to the whole backtrack scene. I recently downloaded the .iso image and wanted to install it on my usb hard drive. I tried the normal tutorial and it didn't work. I tried doing the whole .bat thing but it won't work either or even boot for that matter. How do I make it work? Is it because I have the wrong image? ( I have the cd image not the usb one) Thank you for answering this really noob question LOL.

Just burned his ISO

There is no difference between downloading the "cd image" or the "USB image", there is only one .iso. There are multiple tutorials on installing to a hard drive. Try a different one or just read through them all and it might give you a better idea of how it works and what's going wrong. If you have a specific error, be sure to search the forums as there have been many questions involving installation. This forum is full of good information, if you take the time to search and read I'm sure you'll eventually solve your problem.

Developer

The cd image works fine. Copy the /boot and /bt3 folders to your stick and run the batch file from inside the correct drive in windows and it will work.