Thread: Matahari.py

Lightbulb Matahari.py

I'm moving on to an area completely new to me, how to maintain access.
    Is there a tool that resembles matahari.py, but works without 3rd party software on a Windows box? Would possibly creating a standalone exe of matahari.py work in any way? What backdoor/rootkit would blackhat's use to maintain a way into a windows box?
    - Poul Wittig

uh, just a shot in the dark here....metasploit?

Just burned his ISO

he is talking about converting the matahari python code to windows matahari code and use the backdoor on windows theberries it has nothing to do with metasploit :P

and to answer your question you need to edit the code to make it windows compatible there is no 3rd party program to automate that for all i know you need to be a coder and understand the code and rewrite it in a text editor

im not a coder so i cant help you with this

i would be really interested in somthing like this aswell

keep me posted!

cheers

What backdoor/rootkit would blackhat's use to maintain a way into a windows box?
    he is talking about converting the matahari python code to windows matahari code and use the backdoor on windows theberries it has nothing to do with metasploit :P
    so metasploit contains no backdoors for windows boxes?

seriously, educate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathray View Post
    I'm moving on to an area completely new to me, how to maintain access.
    It's not new silly:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/arc...p/t-10773.html
    Is there a tool that resembles matahari.py, but works without 3rd party software on a Windows box?
    I'm missing something about your reference to 3rd party software. Wouldn't matahari.py be 3rd party? You can drop a netcat listener, you can drop VNC, etc.
    Would possibly creating a standalone exe of matahari.py work in any way?
    I'm pretty sure python is an interpreted language I don't think you can compile python scripts to executables (though I could be wrong ... that's just my "top of the head, pre-coffee" answer).
    What backdoor/rootkit would blackhat's use to maintain a way into a windows box?
    Netcat, Cryptcat, VNC, just use Metasploit to repeatedly exploit the box and get a reverse shell, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jllerk View Post
    I'm pretty sure you misunderstood both theberries and Deathray.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    I'm pretty sure python is an interpreted language I don't think you can compile python scripts to executables (though I could be wrong ... that's just my "top of the head, pre-coffee" answer).
    http://effbot.org/zone/exemaker.htm
    (Just found the link, did not test is yet)

Can you bring me a cup of coffee please , i really need it to not fall asleep
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

thorin >
    Well I have scratched the surface a bit, but want to go deeper now (: .
    What I meant by 3rd party was for example with matahari.py, the host would need the python runtime's to be able to execute the script.
    But I have a feeling I know what to look into now. Something in the words of reverse shell, metasploit payloads, and looks like I'm going to start learning C moving towards sockets, and also how firewall's work blocking outbound connections. What sets them off and so on.
    terminal86 >
    exemaker appears to be a tool for extremely lazy people. All it does is the equivalent to writing python XXX.py in the cmd prompt. You still have to have the python file in the same directory as the .exe. Completely useless, you might as well make a batch file do the same thing :P . But thanks anyways (:
    - Poul Wittig

Default py2exe

check py2exe

Quote Originally Posted by muts View Post
    check py2exe
    Wonderful tool! Thanks for sharing, muts.