Thread: Wi-fi PCI Realtek 8185

Hybrid View

brisolajr

Default Wi-fi PCI Realtek 8185

Hey Guys Newbee around, I´d like to know why my Realtek 8185 do not work with th backtrack , can any one give me a hand , oh and yes i would like to get an WEP key near my house and this adaptor does not work.....

Please Help me out anyone....

Thanks for now Guys.....

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Default Re: Wi-fi PCI Realtek 8185

Quote Originally Posted by brisolajr View Post
    Hey Guys Newbee around, I´d like to know why my Realtek 8185 do not work with th backtrack , can any one give me a hand , oh and yes i would like to get an WEP key near my house and this adaptor does not work.....

Please Help me out anyone....

Thanks for now Guys.....
    It was all good till the "I would like to get an WEP key near my house" part. I know you are not implying that you would like to crack a WEP key near your house because, well, that for one is bad and we do dot condone that type of behavior here.

Now, if I am mistaken (which I doubt) how about posting what problem you are having as your post provides absolutely no info to go on. Since you state you are a Newbie, I would suggest checking here:
    http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ad-thread.html

To start with, perhaps using google a bit to track down the problem and if all else fails, well by all means post back with what you have tried, error messages, etc.
    I may have been born with a silver spoon in my mouth but it does not mean I like to be spoon fed.

for your network card, do some searching. both on these forums, the old ones and your favourite search engine. maybe the words "aircrack-ng realtek 8185 linux compatibility" will get you some answers that you seek. also, if you would be so kind as to copy and paste your output of lspci for us, we may be able to help you either refine your search, or try to find a solution to your problem.
    Last edited by xX_Spiidey_Xx; 02-18-2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: micromoderating leads to micromoderator moderation
    thou shalt treat all computers as thou wouldst treat thyself, for thou art the creator of thine own problems.

brisolajr

I´m very sorry guys, For real , But i can get my Pci card to work , it says that there are no Adaptors found , i googled it and found nothing , I´m sorry and i will not try do it , i just want to see if it realy works with my Card.....

Sorry Sorry sorry

Thanks guys for now....Please hepl me out

Just burned his ISO

Have you tried "ifconfig" to see what are the interfaces you have available?