Thread: Backup and restore BT3 hdd instalation

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb Backup and restore BT3 hdd instalation

Hi,

I use BT3 hdd stand alone full distro for all day time.

I have tried for several time to perform some gcc upgrades, kde upgrades and so on but every time something was wrong and I have been forced to reinstall the BT3 and loose all the precedent settings

Also I have tried to make a partition clone image with the tools from the Hiren Boot CD latest version but after the restore I have received the kernel panic message so this solution don't protect me from damage situations.

From your experience how can I or what do I need to use to perform a full working disaster recovery backup of my hdd BT3 installation ?

I posses a moderate Linux knowledge but I posses a higher google searching experience so if somebody ask if I try to google for linux backup solutions the answer is yes ..I have tried but found very few info's that may help me.

Thank you for all the support.

"Whatever happened to playing a hunch, Scully? The element of surprise, random acts of unpredictability? If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

Developer

This is the exact reason why backtrack is not a stand alone OS. Its not meant to be upgraded. It took a f*@k load of work to get all the stuff on there to work together in a live cd with enough drivers to try and include all supported hardware so there should be little reason to mess with it.

Just burned his ISO

Well....I understand your point of view and I respect that but from my opinion, to learn very well all the tools and especially to know how to use them I need to be fery familiar with this distro.

That's why I have use it every day. Maybe is not the right decision but until now I don't have any complains

Grab a copy of CloneZilla.

Developer

just tar the whole thing up then.

Just burned his ISO

Thank you all