Thread: BT3 Min requierments

Default BT3 Min requierments

What ate the mimimum system requierments to boot from the live cd?

What are they for a HD install?

Thanks

Not sure of the minimum, but I can run it off the oldest laptop I have. Im running off the HD install on a 1.8ghz Celeron M, 512MB RAM. This is fine for cracking WEPs or capturing handshakes but I wouldnt try to brute force anything on it. It is also very easy to crash it if you run too many GUIs

My advice would be to HD install it on a slower computer and stick to command line. If you have the horsepwoer then go ahead with the USB boot. Using a live CD for anything other than installation/emergencies is about as frustrating as trying to teach a paraplegic to ride a unicycle.
    Morpheus: "You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

Neo: "What if I take both?"

Morpheus: "Don't do that! You end up like Nick Nolte!"

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

...all professional PenTesters always shop for the cheapest possible piece of junk they can find to actually do their jobs.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    ...all professional pentesters always shop for the cheapest possible piece of junk they can find to actually do their jobs.
    yep defnately and what with bt being so expensive how could we afford even if we wanted to
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.