Thread: incorrect login...

Hybrid View

Junior Member imported_painter13's Avatar

Default incorrect login...

Hello to all, I have searched and searched the forum for an answer to my problem without any luck so I feel forced to make my 1st post. I did a dualboot install on my Dell laptop, for the longest time everything worked without any problems 'til I started playing around with MDK3 last night.... I tried the flood attack (deauthorization/deassociation) on my access point which by the way worked like a charm then the problem came up. I logged off of BT3 and now I can't login. When I start BT3 it comes to the login screen and it says "(none)login: " to which I enter "root" and password "toor" it tells me incorrect login....I have used BT3 countless times without any problems.... What happened? anyone else had this problem? Please help as I would like to fix it rather than do a wipe and reinstall. Any and all help is greatly appreciated... Thanks.

Just burned his ISO

I get the same error. I had backtrack working for weeks till I tried to erase xandros from my eeepc and install bt3 on the hd. I erased the os but the partitions are still on my eee. I can boot up to the login screen then it tells me to use root and toor to login but it says the password is not correct. I have reformated my 4gbusb and reinstalled bt3 but it wont get me pass the login screen. HELP US Please!!

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy usb boot problem

I have the same type of problem with my usb install. I use a 16GB flashdrive.
    Everything was work untill I visited a site to download a couple of new pentesting tools, the download did not complete and my system locked up.
    After I rebooted, the comand prompt come up, when I try to log in with root
    then toor and try to startx my it states command not found, Can anyone help
    me get my usb boot to work again I really don't want to redo the install because I already have a lot of updates and pentest info on it.

Junior Member imported_painter13's Avatar

I ended up doing a reinstall... I formatted the partition where BT3 is located and picked up the tutorial right before where you copy all the BT3 files to said partition. I haven't had that problem since and it really was a 10 min. fix.... Good luck.