Thread: 11N Choices, 4965 5300 AR5008

Default 11N Choices, 4965 5300 AR5008

I have recently got a new BTHomeHub v2.0 and although not absolutely needed I'm think of getting a card.

Basically breaks down to a choice between the 4965, AR5008E-3NX or the new Intel 5300. I'm used to atheros cards now so I would prefer than but like more info on the 5300. Like, would I have to update the kernel to use it and does anyone know if it does packet injection.

Cheers for any help.

Just burned his ISO

up+

in the end what was your choice?

I actually have 3945ABG, want to upgrade it and plan on going on either of the 3 you mentioned...

Just burned his ISO

i'm using the 5100 myself. A kernel update is sort of needed. let me explain. If you are using something like ubuntu 8.10 or lower, then yes. intrepid uses 2.6.27 and will not likely ever upgrade to 2.6.28. If you are wanting to use injection you'll either have to upgrade the kernel or upgrade to a higher linux that uses the new kernel i/e start using the alpha of jaunty, (only for the serious linux user. The OS is not stable so only do this if you're hoping to help development).

All this being said, it doesn't matter as the beta of BT4 is using the updated 2.6.28 kernel and so i suspect the final version will be as well. My 5100 is injecting perfectly in BT4 and jaunty. This should be the same for your 5300 if you decide to get it.

Damn, this is an old thread.

Anyway, I have an AR5008X.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by marked View Post
    Damn, this is an old thread.

Anyway, I have an AR5008X.
    how is it working with BT4 pre-final?