Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arp poisoning

look at bridged sniffing under ettercap. Its not exactly the same as arp poisoning but if you have physical access to the network and 2 NICs I think it would do what you are trying to accomplish. It lets you sniff the packets over the network and then send them on to be routed exactly as they were and is completely undetectable as it doesnt have to change the arp tables.
    Morpheus: "You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

Neo: "What if I take both?"

Morpheus: "Don't do that! You end up like Nick Nolte!"

wouldnt that setup require you to be physically located between the two nodes? i mean, thats kind if the point to switches, that they dont broadcast everything on all ports. so even with this pass through you're suggesting, you still wont receive any packets NOT addressed to you. hence the need to arp poison. sanity check anyone?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by theberries View Post
    wouldnt that setup require you to be physically located between the two nodes? i mean, thats kind if the point to switches, that they dont broadcast everything on all ports. so even with this pass through you're suggesting, you still wont receive any packets NOT addressed to you. hence the need to arp poison. sanity check anyone?
    The optimum place to do what Relevati is talking about would be between the link between two network segments. Like between a switch and a firewall.

Of course, that's also the optimum place to put a IDS as well.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    I get that you may be trying to contribute, but the sheer amount of crap posts you've made, coupled with the abhorrent lack of grammar/spelling/punctuation make it very hard to even glance at your posts let alone respect them.

Good on you for contributing, if that's what you're doing, but dude.....learn to spell, please, for all of us.
    are you upset because no ones speaking to you?
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by killadaninja View Post
    Actually, I'm sure there are a few of us that agree with him. It is very difficult to read your posts. If you want people to be able to clearly understand what you're talking about, please try to use spell checker at a minimum. You seem like you know what you're talking about, but your posts would lead us to believe that you're an idiot. No offense intended.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Actually, I'm sure there are a few of us that agree with him. It is very difficult to read your posts. If you want people to be able to clearly understand what you're talking about, please try to use spell checker at a minimum. You seem like you know what you're talking about, but your posts would lead us to believe that you're an idiot. No offense intended.
    lol if you really agree with what your saying and not jumping aboard a bandwagon, and streaker i respect you, then i suggest you read some of lets say albert einstein, possibly one of the smartest people to have ever lived, manuscripts. Believe me when i say that just because someone types a bit loose and proofed it doesnt mean their not intelligent. Most math teachers/scientist are pronound for having bad writing. And im just soon to finish a masters degree in buisiness and it so u was partially right

Explain. No, please don't. I really.... *sigh* Today has been downhill on the forum.

This is not a beginner's distro.

This is not a place for itards like you to wander around, spreading nonsense left and right.

This is a forum for a professional penetration testing disto, built by and for professional pentesters. Neophytes are of course welcome, and by all means encouraged to ask questions and give whatever contructive input they have. You are obviously one of them, yet have contributed nothing useful and can't have the decency to form a complete sentence. Learn what you can from this place, while you can, and come back with more than sketchy sentence structures and inane comments. Until then, you aren't going to get much, if anything.

And no, I am not the only one that feels this way.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

lol if you really agree with what your saying and not jumping aboard a bandwagon, and streaker i respect you, then i suggest you read some of lets say albert einstein, possibly one of the smartest people to have ever lived, manuscripts. Believe me when i say that just because someone types a bit loose and proofed it doesnt mean their not intelligent
    I did not say that you weren't intelligent, I said it appeared so. I was mostly commenting upon the difficulty of actually reading your posts. This one wasn't so bad because you actually took your time. Granted, if it were me, I'd never post something like that because I'm very particular with all my posts. But at least this one doesn't have any spelling errors and only a single obvious punctuation problem. But it's better than your other ones.

There's nothing really wrong with typing loose, but when it's so loose as to lose the meaning it's hard to understand. Plus it does make you seem like an idiot, not that you are, but that's what it seems.

Although Shadow can be a little gruff at times, he did make a point, I don't think he really intended to offend.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post

Explain. No, please don't. I really.... *sigh* Today has been downhill on the forum.

This is not a beginner's distro.

This is not a place for itards like you to wander around, spreading nonsense left and right.

This is a forum for a professional penetration testing disto, built by and for professional pentesters. Neophytes are of course welcome, and by all means encouraged to ask questions and give whatever contructive input they have. You are obviously one of them, yet have contributed nothing useful and can't have the decency to form a complete sentence. Learn what you can from this place, while you can, and come back with more than sketchy sentence structures and inane comments. Until then, you aren't going to get much, if anything.

And no, I am not the only one that feels this way.

Now that really is hillarious, I do not pretend to know your skills in pen testing but i can assure u they CAN NOT be far greater than mine.
    Do you presume my knowledge base on pen testing is depicted by my number of posts in dis site or my spelling because that would be stupid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12